As we approach the end of the year, Justine Wilson, the Founder and Director of Vault Interiors, brings invaluable insight for agents and vendors aiming to rejuvenate their properties.
Emphasising the importance of a home refresh during the summer break, Justine offers a straightforward, six-step plan to transform any living space into a stylish sanctuary.
From exterior care to clever decluttering strategies, her tips are designed to reinvigorate homes, preparing them for a successful sale in the new year.
- Exterior TLC for all homes: Whether your vendors have a house or a unit, a house wash or pressure washing outdoor areas is a game-changer. Unit dwellers, should coordinate with their strata or body
corporate for an external tidy and wash. Clean windows for a fresh perspective on the world outside.
- Leverage local council clean up: Take advantage of your local council clean-up schedule. It’s the
perfect opportunity to declutter and purge items no longer needed. A clutter-free home fosters a
positive atmosphere for the new year.
- Tackle clutter in key areas: Organise spaces prone to clutter, such as linen cupboards, pantries, and garages. Affordable organisational products from stores like Kmart and Target can breathe new life into these areas, providing a functional and aesthetically pleasing storage solution.
- Pack away holiday decor: Ensure all holiday decorations are neatly packed away, making room for
a fresh start in the new year. A clutter-free environment contributes to a sense of tranquillity and
- Refresh with new accents: Capitalise on post-Christmas sales to shop for art decor or cushions in a new accent colour. Small changes can have a significant impact on the look and feel of your living
spaces, providing an easy and cost-effective refresh.
- Lighten up with sheers and neutrals: Take advantage of Boxing Day sales to swap out heavy
curtains for sheers and replace dark, heavy-toned bed linen and cushion covers with light linens and neutrals. Instantly transform your spaces with a lighter, airier ambiance.
Just a few simple changes can breathe new life into your home for the upcoming year.
By taking advantage of the summer break, you can create a home that not only looks refreshed
but feels rejuvenated.